I'm in the Arms of an Angel

           



Right, I finished reading the final book in the Fallen Series by the wonderful Lauren Kate, and it was, I must say, one of the most magical experiences that I will remember forever. Those distinct moments that stuck in the very recesses of my heart and mind; they made me cry over and over again for every loss, for every fight, for every overwhelming discovery in Luce's, Daniel's, and everyone else's intertwined past. They made me believe that love can stand on its own, that love can beat the odds, that love cannot be compromised, that it can reconcile the gaps created by an ancient war, and that love is truly worth fighting for.

I'm still having the hangover and I just can't get enough of it (I won't ever get enough of it!) I thought of every scene playing in my mind that night hoping that I would dream of being there, being one of the host of angels; but I couldn't remember that I dreamt of it. Well maybe, I did dream of it though I could not recall. Oh my, here I am again, the weird bookworm with the "last book syndrome". Hahaha.

I told myself that I shall never forget novels as perfect as these, that's why I'm making a record about the state of my beautiful feeling for this exceptional masterpiece. Anyways, it is no doubt that I have always been amazed by how writers choose all the words that seem to fit in so well together. So now I want to share some of the heartfelt lines that have pierced my heart and have given me another privilege to see a world full of flowers and rainbows.

FALLEN:

"The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment."

"I've already had to wait so long."
"How long?" Luce asked.
"Not so long that I've forgotten that you're worth everything. Every sacrifice. Every pain."

"I don't understand what you're still doing here."
She blinked and nodded miserably, then began to
turn away.
"No!" He pulled her back. "Don't leave. It's just
that you've never—we've never... gotten this far."
He closed his eyes. "Will you say it again?" he
asked, almost shyly. "Will you tell me ... what I
am?"
"You're an angel," she repeated slowly, surprised
to see Daniel close his eyes and moan in pleasure, almost as if they were kissing. "I'm in love with an angel."


"Please don't worry. I will always come for you. I won't let you go until you understand that."
"Then I refuse to understand," she said."

TORMENT:

"Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith."

"If you two were going to be that obvious about it, why didn't you guys come down in your Team Daniel and Team Miles T-shirts?"
"We should order those," Shelby said.
"Mine's in the laundry," Arriane said."

"Cam's wings were so bright they were almost blinding as they pulsed.
"Holy Hell," Callie whispered, blinking.
"More or less," Arriane said"

"When he turned to face her, the drawn look on his face was one of absolute agony as if Luce had just ripped his heart out."

"I love you Luce. So much it hurts."

"Because love and hate were supposed to stand cleanly on opposite sides of the spectrum. The division seemed as clear as...well, angels and demons would once have seemed to her. Not anymore."

"Oh that moment when Daniel thought he'd lost her to Cam's starshot! His wings hat felt too heavy to lift. Colder than death. In that instant, he'd given up all hope."

PASSION:

"Suicide was a mortal luxury not afforded to
angels."

"All that is good in Heaven and on Earth is born of love."

"I now reaffirm my choice: I choose Lucinda over everything. And I will until the end."

"You're glorious."
"Don't look at me," he pleaded. "When a mortal sees an angel's true essence, then- you can see what happened to the others.I can't let you leave me again so soon. Always so soon-"
"I'm still here," Luce insisted.
"You're still-" He was crying. "Can you see me? The true me?"
"I can see you."

RAPTURE:

"Cam's face reddened. "You try falling for nine days through multiple dimensions and trillions of miles, landing on your face, breaking your wings rolling around concussed for who knows how long, wandering the desert for decades looking for any clue as to who or what or where you are —and then talk to me about the old memorizer."

"Mortality is the most romantic story ever told. Just one chance to do everything you should. Then, magically, you move on."

"Then the angels, the demon, and the Nephilim flew to distant corners of the sky, leaving a moment's brilliant flash of light behind them, as below, Luce and Daniel fell in love for the first-and the last- time."

"Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do."

"All that is good in Heaven and on Earth is made of love."

"Even Lucifer looked impressed. He muttered, "Only Lucinda could pull that off."

"You are the soul that fits into mine."

"I've never asked for a happy ending."

"Of all the pairs the Throne endorsed
None rose to burn as bright
As Lucifer, the Morning Star,
And Lucinda, his Evening Light"

"She was stunned and amazed-and happier than she'd ever been before. It couldn't possibly be real, she thought-unless she spoke the truth aloud, with Daniel and the rest of the fallen angels there to witness. "I'm Lucinda," she said. "I'm your angel."

I will surely miss everyone, every angel, demon, Nephilim, Outcast, and so on, from the mortals to the Throne. Yes I know that I can always reread the books again and again but deep inside me I also know that it will never be the same as when I first "met" those lovable characters, when I first felt that surge of emotions as I read the lines that were still strangers for me then. 

I'm gonna miss the angels especially whenever they unfurl their wings (I can always imagine their celestial, iridescent, luminescent, breathtaking... wings when they take flight) and reveal their unbridled glory, so magnificent a feeling, it hurts. I will miss Luce's and Daniel's love witnessed by every death and by how every time, they found each other all over again throughout those spans of millennium of tragedies; Cam, who chose Lucifer's side because of being heartbroken, but was always there for the sake of goodness; Gabbe, the highest of the seven Archangels, the beautiful angel who sacrificed her immortal life (for those who've read it, you know what I mean here by being immortal yet dying) together with Molly, the demon who never had forsaken her friends in spite her chosen allegiance, for the sake of saving an eternal love; Arrianne, a very true friend ever since the beginning who never fails to crack a joke or two even in times of distress; Roland, the party expert angel and the ever reliable companion who never left everyone's side; and there were Shelby, Miles (the cause of Daniel's heart's ripped- another metaphor), Annabelle, Francesca and Steven (the angel and demon in love), the Outcasts (especially the four ones who remained in the end: Phil, Vincent, Ollianna, and... who was that?), Callie (the mortal best friend), Lucifer (the Morning Star and Lucinda's first love and first cause of suffering), the Throne (I adore You), and all else that have become a piece of the big puzzle.

So right now, above all these things I'm just like... WOW! This whole series is utterly... A W E S O M E! (Like how I've loved the Harry Potter novels and The Hunger Games series). And at this moment, I'm only looking forward to another great discovery that I will find in the next books that I'll be reading. I hope that those books that await me will give me the same ecstasy.

They have fallen to earth, and in love; tormented by questions and mysteries of their past; engulfed by the passion that true love will lead them back together again, forever and always; now, after all, they've found where their souls belong, to the rapture that they will share (allow me to use Lauren Kate's final phrase for the Fallen series) "for the first-and the last-time".

*Holy Hell, I'm crying again- the tears of joy.*


-monique<3

Comments